Microsoft Certifications are professional certifications verifying demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft products. They exist in the categories of Server, Desktop, Applications, Database, and Developer with a variety of tiers of proficiency certified, including Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), and Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD).They are earned by passing one or more exams.
Currently, the Microsoft Certification Program is divided into five main categories such as:
- Server: Windows Server, Exchange Server, Office 365, SharePoint
- Desktop: Windows 7, 8, 10
- Applications: Office 2013 / 2016, Office 365
- Database: SQL Server 2012 / 2014 / 2016
- Developer: Visual Studio, SharePoint, Applications